17 Jun 2018
Full-Time Director, Legal Affairs (GMG/SEG 3)
Under the general direction of the Director of Elections, the incumbent is responsible for:
• Interpretation and application of existing legislations, reviewing international best practices and standards relating to the conduct of elections, the registration of voters and all other processes pertinent to the administration of election.
• Conducting general and special research and providing pertinent information that will form the basis for preparation of amendments to existing legislations; and which may be required as response to election petitions.
• Providing professional legal advice in respect of administrative functions of the ECJ/EOJ.
• Prepares legal instructions and formulate response of Director of Elections / Electoral Office to matters contained in election petitions for submission to the Attorney General’s Department.
• Drafts recommendations to Electoral Commission of Jamaica regarding changes to electoral procedures based on findings of research / field observation.
• Researches and prepares based on acceptable standards and sound principles of legal research, reference, conference and position papers for presentation at local and international conferences and fora.
• Attends Court and assists in the conduct of matter where necessary
• Reviews and advises on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
• Provides advice on contracts and tender documents to appropriate staff to ensure compliance with government procurement policy
• Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to guide the operations of the unit
We thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree from an accredited institution.
• Certificate in Legal Education from the Council of Legal Education
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Minimum of three (3) years in a legal department with experience in the following areas: Administrative Law & Practice, Civil Liability (torts, contract and claims management); Employment Law
How to Apply
|Name:||The Director, Human Resource Management|
|Address:||P.O. Box 671, G.P.O., Kingston|
97 total views, 4 today