15 Apr 2018
Full-Time Manager, Information and Communication Technology
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Description:||A Statutory Organisation in the financial sector invites applications for the following position.
Responsible for strategic development and management of the ICT functions and infrastructure. These include: the records and information management systems; resolving software and user problems; assisting with ensuring that the infrastructure and systems are reliable and secure and that the ICT Disaster Preparedness and Business Continuity procedures are adequate and
• Recommends and implements the ICT strategy and polices in alignment with the business objectives of the Organization.
• Manages the ICT Unit and provides administrative direction and support for daily ICT operational activities.
• Analyzes the business requirements of all functional areas/departments to determine their technology needs and upgrades recommends and oversees the implementation and maintenance of appropriate hardware and software solutions, and ICT policies and procedures to support the effective
execution of the respective functions of the Organization.
• Manages or oversees the implementation of all ICT projects.
• Manages system analysis and systems performance assessment to mitigate and resolve problems on ICT applications.
• Investigates and provides recommendations to address user requests for new/enhanced functionalities of the systems.
• Manages the comprehensive testing of systems to ensure that specifications are met
• Investigates and documents User requests for new functionalities.
• Manages the development of programs and modifications to existing source codes to effect required functionalities or changes.
• Considers issues relating to proportionality in relation to the strategic ICT and other operations of the Organisation and make proposals and recommendations for the outsourcing of services consistent with corporate plan priorities and operating and capital budgets.
• Manages the integrity of the systems and infrastructure.
• Prepares ICT budgets to support strategic and other ICT plans.
• Manages the records and information management systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent Management skills.
• Skilled in project management techniques.
• Expert analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle.
• Knowledge of programming practices and skills.
• Knowledge of networking practices, active directories and system administration.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with sound time management and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiar with records and information management systems
These positions offer a variety of challenges and require energetic professionals who are highly committed and self-motivated. Applications in writing and a current resume including the names and addresses of three (3) referees should be submitted.
We appreciate all interest in this position, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution with eight (8) years experience in a management or leadership capacity or
• Masters degree in Computer Science/Information Technology with a minimum of five (5) years working experience in a management or leadership capacity.
• Project Management qualification.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Visual Basic, Active Server Pages 3.0, HTML, DHTML, Drupal
• Experience with MS SQL Server 2005 -2014.
• SQL Administration.
• Experience with Object-Oriented methodologies and working knowledge of Insurance business are definite advantages.
• Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal Reports.
|Deadline:||April 30, 2018|
How to Apply
338 total views, 1 today