Full-Time Youth Intervention Coordinator – HIV/STI/Tb Unit (GMG/AM 3)
Responsible for strengthening HIV Prevention, Treatment and Care efforts for vulnerable adolescents and youth by providing support to programmes designed to increase national prevention coverage and improve treatment outcomes, monitor the implementation of interventions to promote responsible sexual behaviour among adolescents and youth, thus improving the quality of care for young people living with HIV.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Assist with the development of interventions and activities targeting youth.
- Work closely with Prevention and Care teams to visit intervention sites and assist in the process of:
- Providing HIV testing
- Timely linkage to care
- Reducing loss to follow up
- Coordinate team visits to targeted communities.
- Coordinate special activities in targeted communities targeting at risk youth (e.g. party events and empowerment fairs).
- Identify and sensitize youth influentials on basic sexual reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS prevention education.
- Assess the uptake of condoms, HIV testing and materials via consultations with contact person at site (influential)
- Manage social media platforms, content and distribution for the Adolescent component of the National response
- Liaise with media partners on youth related activities and develop content for promotion of Youth activities such as media launches and specially observed dates: World AIDS Day and Safer Sex Week.
- Develop with the assistance of the team, interventions/activities for the target population.
- Assist other Field Co-ordinators to conduct ‘special events’ at assigned sites to promote rapid HIV testing and counselling and consistent condom use.
- Assist the BCC Co-ordinators with the oversight of the procurement of Youth Intervention activities.
- Assist with coordinating and conducting research amongst the target population.
- Collaborate with/support coordination of the work of the Youth Intervention team.
- Provide oversight of implementation of field related activities
- Provide weekly and monthly reports as per template on sites being monitored
- Basic knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues
- Working knowledge of Behaviour Change, Public Health and Health Promotions
- Experience in working in community settings with youth
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and with people in authority
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet
- Ability to work effectively in tem setting.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good problem solving skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Two (2) years’ experience in social work
How to ApplyInterested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than April 23, 2018 to: Director Human Resource Management & Development Ministry of Health 10A Chelsea Avenue Kingston 10 firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only
37 total views, 1 today