Full-Time Actuarial Manager – Corporate Actuarial
The selected candidate will assist the Assistant Vice President – Corporate Actuarial, Senior Vice President – Corporate Actuarial and Appointed Actuary in the areas of financial reporting, compliance and reinsurance for Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited, Sagicor Life of the Cayman Islands Limited and other companies in the Sagicor Group as requested from time to time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing support to the Employee Benefits and Individual Life operations; Prepare valuations, calculations, experience studies, profitability tests of all products and/or other reports prepared by Actuarial Officers/ Trainees for each respective product line.
- Review individual life reinsurance arrangements and agreements; Do periodic valuations of liabilities.
- Prepare DCAT analyses and MCCSR calculations; Test asset/liability cash flows; Assist in preparing annual budget projections for life insurance and annuities; Assist in preparing regulatory reports and financial statement disclosure notes regarding actuarial liabilities.
- Represent the Company at various events as required.
- Ensure compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering Policy consistent with the established standards.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries, the Institute of Actuaries or an equivalent designation
- Five (5) years’ experience in the actuarial field and three (3) years should be in a life insurance or employee benefits operation in the area of liability valuation and financial modelling
- Knowledge of the general and technical operations, practices and principles of a life insurance company and its related business lines
- Excellent mathematical, research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organizing and leadership skills
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Detail oriented
How to Apply
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than September 30, 2020.
While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
111 total views, 1 today