Full-Time Assistant Manager Application And Support
Purpose of role
The purpose of this role is to maintain and manage the applications using industry best practices. The role has the responsibility for planning and coordinating the processes required for the installation and configuration of applications, infrastructure and systems necessary to support the business’ operations through the attainment of prescribed levels of application and infrastructure performance and end-user productivity.
- Administration of applications, with primary responsibility for maintaining performance and uptime at the agreed levels.
- Establishment and maintenance of platforms and procedures to ensure IT business continuity at the agreed levels.
- Management of outsourced providers and 3rd party vendors to ensure the delivery of secure and reliable IT Services.
- Coordinating efforts to realize Anytime/Anyplace access to the company’s networks and applications.
- Achieve agreed IT Service Levels
May include but not limited to:
Strategy & Planning
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals and fulfill end-user requirements.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Lead pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Manage and provide direction for the IT team in support of business operations.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Assist with the development of the IT Budget
- Maintain agreed ERP performance levels.
- Maintain agreed ERP application availability at 99.5%, or a maximum of 2 hours of collective downtime per month.
- Maintain Network availability at 99.85%, or a maximum of 1 hour of collective downtime per month.
Minimum education and experience
- University Degree in Computer Science
- 5 years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supervising IT staff
- Solid administration skills including database maintenance, backup, disaster planning/recovery and knowledge of database architecture.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Database Management Systems specifically SQL Server.
- Technically fluent in programming languages, including .NET.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database, hardware, software, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and client facing skills desired.
- Supervisory Management
How to ApplyQualified applicants are invited to submit applications no later than 19/09/2020 via the careers section of our Corporate Website at www.gracekennedy.com
2 total views, 1 today