Full-Time Junior Underwriter
Underwrite policy applications within a minimum specified time and up to a specified limit, and ensure a high standard of risk selection, thereby maintaining a satisfactory level of claims experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process new and pending applications including Not Proceeded With (NPW), Reinstatements and Changes, prioritizing chronologically and placing clients in the appropriate risk categories to ensure the continued viability of the Company in keeping with projections of the Actuaries and underwriting limits
- Complete assigned reading and prepare file for daily discussion with mentor.
- Fully Document history notes and research details
- Attend weekly sessions with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to review medical documents as well as attend and participate in CMO lectures
- Assist the Underwriting Unit in achieving prescribed service standards; Communicate with internal and external clients
- Assist in achieving Annualized Premium Income target set for the Individual Line Division
- Prepare facultative cases for routing to the reinsurers.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Chief Underwriting Manager.
- Attend scheduled Unit/Department meetings and assist with the conduct of these meetings
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelors Degree in Management Studies, Accounting, Nursing or equivalent qualifications from a recognized tertiary institution
- LOMA Parts 1 & 2 (Course 1 FLMI)
- At least two (2) years’ work experience, in the operating area of a Life Insurance Company
- Knowledge of policy provisions and laws governing Life Insurance contracts.
- Ability to do mathematical calculations with a basic understanding of financial statements.
- Good listening and problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Good time-management skills.
- Sound human relations and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than September 30, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
8 total views, 1 today