Full-Time Manager, Fraud Detection & Prevention (Payments)
The selected candidate will be responsible for creating an operations control environment that reduces the occurrence and impact of fraudulent activities on Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited, by developing, implementing and managing risk mitigation strategies to prevent and identify fraud, so as to minimize financial, operational and reputational risks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The identification and prevention of fraudulent activities; Creating an environment that discourages fraudulent activities; Creating and maintaining policies & procedures governing operating standards; Develop and implement a Fraud Prevention strategy
- Investigate and implement anti-fraud software covering all business areas across Sagicor Bank
- Mitigate fraud by creating/amending rules in Fraudguard (Prime), Mastercard’s Decision Intelligence (DI) and Visa Risk Management (VRM) applications
- Ensure the implementation and ongoing testing of fraud prevention control across the operations control environment to ensure effectiveness
- Minimizing losses by utilizing trend analysis to prevent future fraudulent activities
- Recovering of funds lost through fraudulent activities
- Ensure the implementation and utilization of automated tools to prevent, detect and investigate fraudulent activities
- Conduct an ongoing treat analysis with at least semi-annual formal updates
- Identify and ensure mitigating actions are taken where activities/processes are high risk or segregation of duties is not effective; Participate in Sagicor Jamaica Group fraud committee deliberations
- Maintain strategic alliance with external agencies and Financial Institutions in order to facilitate the smooth exchange of information, while protecting the Bank’s confidentiality
- Facilitate anonymous reporting of suspicious activities
- Coordinate with Group Internal Audit to ensure proactive reviews of high-risk activities; Prepare annual budget for the unit
- Monitor and control department budget in keeping with Cost Management framework.
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports: Create and prepare ongoing fraud and mitigation reports to, Senior Manager, Card Operations & Digital Channels, Head of Operations, Risk & Compliance, Card Operations and Payments Unit
- Deliver a high level of quality customer service by developing and maintaining a good working relationship with Clients, Branch and Department Managers, Operations Officers and other stakeholders
- Ensure direct reports interact with Clients and Team Members in a professional manner that embodies personal attention and helpfulness
- Ensure effective communication of information to Team Members regarding the Bank’s special promotions and campaigns
- Participate in setting performance goals
- Facilitate internal communications and awareness of Corporate strategies, mission and business objectives; Maintain a high level of motivation, initiative and interest in employee and personal self-development and continuous learning
- Perform training needs assessments and develop cross training initiatives for direct reports
- Provide leadership to the Fraud Detection & Prevention Unit, through timely and effective communication, guidance and support
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and dedication to team goals and objectives
- Involve team members in the identification of solutions for work related problems
- Monitor Team Member performance, conduct semi-annual/annual performance reviews and provide, guidance, coaching and mentoring
- Schedule, coordinate and chair meetings; Establish and maintain positive working relationships with Colleagues; Establish and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the Unit
- Responsible for identifying and responding to opportunities for improved Service Delivery, by collaborating with business partners to make recommendations that will help the achievement of Business Objectives
- Keep abreast with policy and procedures as they are updated; Maintain confidentiality as it relates to customer accounts, transactions and the Banks internal operations.
- Collaborate with and foster relationships with other Units/Departments by promptly communicating issues and concerns, ensuring that all discrepancies are handled in a timely manner.
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy of information published; Respond to customer correspondences where necessary; Adhere to “Clear desk policy” at all times.
- Assist with the implementation of Special Projects as necessary.
- Perform other related duties assigned
Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Studies, Finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- Training in Credit Card management for Issuers and Acquirers
- Continuous exposure/education to international forums as it relates to the finance sector and payment systems (e.g. Visa, Mastercard, etc.)
- Five (6) years’ experience in the Financial Sector with a minimum four (4) years in fraud mitigation and at two (2) years of supervisory/management experience
- Experience in fraud rule creation for Visa Risk Management, Mastercard’s Decision Intelligence, Fraudguard and Digital Channels
- Experience in the Operations of Visa and MasterCard Payment Systems
- Knowledge of Prime (Card Management Systems) is an asset
- Knowledge of risk management framework
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Sound decision-making ability
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent human relations skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft suite of products
How to Apply
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than September 30, 2020.
While we appreciate all applicants only shortlisted
9 total views, 1 today