Full-Time Risk Officer
he selected candidate will prepare costing documentation for the pricing of new business for medium- and large-sized clients along with annual reviews of cases within the Group Life, Health and Personal Accident portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pricing; Input census data for the purpose of producing rates for proposals and to maintain a turnaround log for proposal requests.
- Process renewals; Prepare required reports for the renewal of life, health and Personal Accident cases on a monthly basis.
- Prepare portfolio loss ratio summary for inclusion in monthly department report; Provide annual renewal pricing of small-sized, medium and large group health cases including the calculation of monthly “pool increase” to be applied to these rates.
- Prepare premium rate sheets for inclusion in the renewal rates and advise Group Insurance Administrators of any benefit upgrades
- Prepare a complete renewal file for scanning to the system with renewal rates and advise Group
- New Business Underwriting; Assist with the preparation of letters for investigating medical history; Assist in in the enrolment of Groups with membership below 10 lives.
- Prepare Bi-monthly report for inclusion in monthly department report.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or another related field from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least four (4) years’ work experience, including a minimum of one (1) year experience in group insurance.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computing productivity applications, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational sensitivity and corporate awareness.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
44 total views, 1 today